NDHR is offering 11 grants in the amount of $1100.00 each to support events that communities will host on June 11, 2012.
DEADLINE for applications April 9, 2012.
THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA ARE REQUIRED ELEMENTS OF AN ELIGIBLE NDHR PROPOSAL
- EVENT MUST OCCUR ON JUNE 11TH 2012 – No exceptions
- A MINIMUM OF 2 LETTERS OF SUPPORT MUST BE INCLUDED WITH GRANT APPLICATION
- APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED AT THE NDHR OFFICE NO LATER THAN APRIL 9, 2012
- FULL AND COMPLETE FINAL REPORTS MUST BE SUBMITTED ON JUNE 29, 2012 OR FUNDING WILL NOT BE RELEASED TO GRANT WINNERS
THINGS TO REMEMBER WHEN WRITING YOUR PROPOSAL
- Creativity & Description of Events- be sure to give details about the uniqueness of the healing and reconciliation activities you are planning
- Connection to Healing and Reconciliation- How might the activities planned for NDHR have a lasting impact on your community?
- Awareness- How do the planned events and ongoing projects in the community incorporate awareness of healing and reconciliation? How will you reach people who don’t know about our collective history in Canada, healing and reconciliation?
- Quality of Activities- How will you ensure that healing and reconciliation is truly the focus of your NDHR activities?
- Cost Effectiveness- How will the community utilize the grant funding in an effective manner to enhance the NDHR activities you are planning? What other resources are you accessing to ensure that your NDHR activities are sustainable?
- Support- Does the community have the support of various partners, including leadership, for the entire planning and implementation process? Do the letters of support demonstrate this level of commitment?